The main aim of BBC News School Report is to interest young people in news of all sorts, and the world around them, by giving them the chance to make their own news.
BBC School Report News Day 2014:
9:30 – Here we go! The Southfield School students are here and we are ready to start looking at the papers for today’s news.
10:24 – We are now writing the scripts.
12:00 – The students are now practicing reading their scripts. Next up we will start to record them in the studio.
12:20 – We have just started recording all of the scripts ready for final editing.
14:00 – Its over. We have met the school report deadline! We will upload our final podcast ASAP
Listen to our 2014 school report below:
BBC School Report News Day 2013:
TODAY IS THE DAY!
10AM – The students have just researched the days news using national and local papers and the internet.
10:30AM – The students have started to write their scripts for each story.
11:30AM – The students are now rehearsing their scripts.
14:00PM - The students are now broadcasting LIVE in the school.
15:15PM – News day 2013 is over. Well done everybody!!
Listen to our school report below:
BBC School Report News Day 2012:
- The team are currently research the news stories of the day.
- We are now writing and practacing the scripts for our news reports.
- Final practice before the LIVE broadcast at 2PM
- That is it! News report day 2012 is over. We broadcast LIVE in the school at 2:30PM
- Our broadcast will be online by 4PM this afternoon!